Sunday, September 10, 2006

Peru? Yiiiiiiiiiiiikes.

Well, I'm not quite there...yet. After a marathon night of packing, discovering I couldn't fit anything in the only bags available to me, sleeping for 3.5 hours, learning that my bags are impossible to lift/deal with, receiving a gift of a knife from my father, crying in front of hundreds of people at the airport, holding up the entire security checkpoint line, nearly losing my boarding pass, having to throw away my chapstick, arriving to find my luggage was not on my plane, and waiting for 30 minutes for my luggage on the next plane only to find that said plane was delayed an hour I am now in DC with the lovely Ally and Christie. Next stop, staging where I'll get to meet my training group, which includes the author of the following email:

Hey all-Couple quick questions on what everyone is bringing, as I'm sure we're all frantically trying to squeeze it all in. I know we get special passports or something, does that mean I can carry the BB gun I'm bringing to hunt tigers on the plane or should I still check it? Also, how many other people are bringing inflatable pools? I think it would be a little superfluous to have more than like 5 in the group. Mine is has a 10' diameter and is about 2 feet deep with dolphins on the sides. It's pretty sweet. Anyhoo, hope everyone is having a blast packing, its gonna be a sweet trip.

Oh man...what am I getting myself into?

Oh, P.S. - If you're reading this I probably miss you a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that pool pops, let me know and i'll send one to you guys ASAP!

oh meloucs! i can't believe you're leaving already!!! I believe, without a doubt that this is finally the 'experience of a lifetime!' that you have been waiting all your life for. Followed closely by the 'experience of a lifetime!' in mexico.

LOOOOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

why did dad give you a knife?! i mean it might come in handy if you get stuck in a hut with bb-gun...

crazyyy, don't forget to call me before you leave on friday, diego can't wait to meet you, hahaha